May 21, 2020
I was glad when they
said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the Lord!”
Dear members and friends of Community Church of the Verdes,
I am glad to announce, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, that we will reopen the sanctuary for worship for those who want to attend on Sunday, May 31, 2020 at 8:30 am. We, of course, will follow the safety protocols established by the CDC, state, and local authorities, and we will apply them in this way:
- We recommend, but not insist, that everyone wear a mask for your protection as well as others around you.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be required. Every other pew will be roped off for this purpose.
- Gloves will not be required, but you certainly may wear them if you would like.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the entrance for your use. Access to the church will be limited, so come to the front doors, and you will be directed how to enter.
- We will maintain social distancing during the Passing of Peace. Use whatever method you prefer. A suggestion would be hands together in a praying gesture and a slight bow.
- Bulletins will be available which the ushers will hand out. All music for the service will be printed in the bulletin. Therefore, hymnals will not be available at this time. The bulletin will be available on line as well so you are welcome to print yours out ahead of time, or use your iPhone or iPad during worship.
- Communion will be served on the first Sunday of the month as usual, but we will be taking precautions. The wafers will be separate, and the juice will be in individual glasses.
- Baskets will be placed in the sanctuary for offerings.
- Live streaming will continue as well as a recording of the service for viewing at a later time.
- Fellowship will resume at a later date.
- The restrooms will be open, but the water fountains will be shut off.
In addition, Bible Study led by the Parish Associate
on Thursday afternoon at 4 pm will start back up on June 4th in Founders Hall. Some
tables will be removed with the remaining spaced apart to observe social
distancing. Masks are also recommended but not required. Hand sanitizer will be
available for your use as well. The tables and chairs will be sanitized before
and after each session. Alcoholics Anonymous will also be resuming on
Monday mornings at 8 a.m. The Pastor's Spiritual
Themes in Literature book discussion group will take place through Zoom
meetings beginning June 17th.
Finally, we know that our community is more vulnerable to this virus than others. For your safety and your neighbor’s, please do not attend any service or meeting if you are not feeling well.
Our Lord and Savior is watching over us. We have been spared of the effects of this scourge thus far. Trusting in Him and following the safety measures above we will soon be back to a more normal worship.
May God continue to bless us and keep us safe.
Community Church of the Verdes President
Bob Dietsche, President, Darrel Brenner, Vice President, and Mission Trustee, Dan Larson, Treasurer, Sandy Palmer, Secretary and Fellowship Trustee, Tom Mulleady, Technology Trustee, Peter Allen, Education Trustee, Cheryl Wenthe, Worship Trustee, Larry Pearson, Facilities Trustee, Rog Severson, Membership Trustee, and Pastor Cathy Northrup